Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So I'm sitting in "Brakes-4-Less" lamenting on the cost for new front rotors, pads, fluid and labor - and me thinks $264.00 was a lot of money. But while lamenting, I'm reading a nice car magazine - becoming distracted by both pictures and an article on the Porsche 918 Spyder - thinking Oliver Lawal would look really good in this instead of his Lotus. But then I read an update on the magazines long term report on some of the cars manufactures have given them to do "real world" reporting (like why cant they pick one of us normal consumers and get our opinion?) and am quickly drawn to the update on the Nissan GT-R - so theirs is at 22,872 miles on the odometer...they too have been getting lots of noise from the brakes and take it in to get serviced...out they come with new pads, discs, fluid and labor, their bill - $7,346.00!! Me thinks life is good. I'm thinking my pads are greener on my side of the fence.

No comments: